We need your support!
If you are a bereaved parent or family member, a charity or a healthcare professional, there are plenty of ways to get involved.
From turning UK pink and blue, wearing a special pin badge to talking to your friends, family and colleagues about Baby Loss Awareness Week and taking part in the conversation online, you can help break the silence about pregnancy and baby loss.
Join the global “Wave of Light”
Baby Loss Awareness Week culminates with the global ‘Wave of Light’ on 15th October, which is also recognised as International Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day.
We would like to invite you to join other families across the world by lighting a candle at 7pm local time and leaving it burning for at least one hour to remember all babies that have died too soon. This can be done individually or in a group, at home or in a communal space.
To join our virtual Wave of Light, take a photo of your candle and post it to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #WaveOfLight at 7pm local time.
Wherever you do this, you will be joining a global ‘Wave of Light’ in memory of all the babies who lit up our lives for such a short time.
Wear the Pin
Buy your Baby Loss Awareness ribbon pin badge to support families affected by the death of a baby
This Baby Loss Awareness Week we need your support to raise awareness that baby death is a tragic issue that affects thousands in the UK alone every year.
We want as many people as possible to wear the badge during Baby Loss Awareness Week 9-15 October. This will help us to raise awareness of baby loss.
A number of the charities involved in promoting Baby Loss Awareness Week have the awareness pin badge available to buy from their websites. Money raised from sales of the badges will go to the charity you purchase it from, and will be spent on the important work they carry out.
Don’t forget to share your pictures with the pin badge to show your support and help raise awareness one ribbon at a time. Simply post a photo wearing your pin badge on Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram using the #babyloss hashtag.
Break the silence
Pregnancy and baby loss is often a taboo subject. You can help to break the silence around baby loss by talking to your friends, family and colleagues about Baby Loss Awareness Week and by joining the conversation on social media using #BLAW2018, wearing a pin badge or lighting a candle on 15th October.
More ways to get involved and spread the word:
- Watch our animation about pregnancy and baby loss and share it with everyone you know!
- Snap a selfie or a photo wearing your pin badge (on sale from 1 September) and share it on social media – remember to add #BLAW2018 and tag @babyloss on Instagram.
- Use our specially designed Baby Loss Awareness Week images (scroll down) on your website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or work intranet.
- Sign up to the Twibbon and show your support on your Twitter, Facebook or Instagram profile.
- Join the global Wave Of Light at 7pm local time on 15 October. Simply light a candle and leave it burning for at least 1 hour to join us in remembering all babies who have died too soon. Post a photo of your candle to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using #WaveOfLight
- Contact your local media using our template press releases for a Ribbon Remembrance Event or a local building that you have helped turn pink and blue!
- Put up the Baby Loss Awareness Week poster in your local community – download here to print at home or print professionally.
- Share the Baby Loss Awareness Week leaflet at any events you are organising or ask if a local shop will display them – download here to print at home or BLAW leaflet – print professionally
- Join our mailing list to hear more and keep to date with Baby Loss Awareness Week, sign up here
If you have any questions please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuck for what to say?
We want everyone to talk about #BLAW2018 on social media in their own way but if you need some inspiration here are a few suggestions that you can post or adapt.
Let’s #breakthesilence around #babyloss – join me in supporting Baby Loss Awareness Week from 9 October and unite to remember all babies who have died #BLAW2018
Always loved – never forgotten. I’m wearing my Baby Loss Awareness Week pin badge with pride to support families affected by the death of a baby. Get yours at https://babyloss-awareness.org/get-involved/#buy-pin #BLAW2018 #babyloss
I’m joining the global #WaveOfLight at 7pm on 15 October 2017 – please light a candle to remember all those babies who died too soon https://babyloss-awareness.org/get-involved/#wave-light #BLAW2018
I’ll be wearing my pin badge during Baby Loss Awareness Week 9-15 October. Buy yours now and show your support. https://babyloss-awareness.org/get-involved/#buy-pin <Add a photo of you wearing your badge> #BLAW2018 #Babyloss
Organise a ribbon remembrance event
Do you know of local any shop fronts or community wall spaces – perhaps your local library, doctor’s surgery, hospital or workplace that would be happy to host a remembrance wall/tree and display for Baby Loss Awareness Week? Find out how to get involved
Write to your local NHS decision-makers to help raise awareness of baby loss
What can I do?
This Baby Loss Awareness Week, stand up for parents who have experienced pregnancy or baby loss in your community by writing to the people responsible for making decisions about NHS services in your area – TAKE THIS ACTION NOW!
Get latest updates about Baby Loss Awareness Week!
Submitting your contact details indicates that you’re happy to hear from Baby Loss Awareness Week.
Your personal information is safe with us. We will not pass your details to any third party organisations.
You can update your preferences or opt out at any time: simply click an unsubscribe link in the email you receive from us, call 020 3897 6092 or email email@example.com